The following is a review of the Productive Muslim masterclass by Wafa Nuradin, a working professional and a mother of two.
Why I signed up for the Masterclass
I recently started REALLY practicing the deen, and I felt that this class would help me reboot my life. I wanted to tackle priority setting and physical health. Alhamdulillah, I’ve been blessed to have a successful career but it is in an area that I now see is not my passion nor a way for me to attain Allah’s barakah. I wanted to get a better understanding of how I should structure my life so that I can attain goodness in this life and the next. Also, I have very little help with two toddlers while my husband is out of town at work for 2-3 weeks at the time, and so I needed to better manage my time as a professional, mother, Muslim, and daughter.
Overwhelmed, confused and TIRED.
That’s how I felt. I was not sure which direction to head or how to process my feelings. I still have issues processing my feelings but I am much better able to identify my triggers. I felt that previously when I tried to practice the deen, I would be too unbalanced i.e. not caring about my physical health. Alhamdulillah, this class has helped me identify and determine what balance can really look like for me.
‘I felt that previously when I tried to practice the deen, I would be too unbalanced i.e. not caring about my physical health. Alhamdulillah, this class has helped me to identify and determine what balance can really look like for me’ Wafa, July MasterclassClick To Tweet
Why the Productive Muslim Company?
I’ve been following Productive Muslim Company (PMC) since March 2015. I appreciate PMC’s balanced approach -the integration of the deen (Islamic faith) with productivity science.
Previous classes or courses I took were too much in either direction and they lacked integration in a way that mattered to me. Allahumma Barik (May Allah bless and prosper), Mohammed is a credible presenter as he seems to practice what he preaches. Furthermore, he exemplifies how to have a successful business while also being a knowledgeable and practising Muslim. Frankly, if it wasn’t for Mohamed’s ability to present and speak about the deen/productivity in an eloquent and easy to understand manner, I would not have attended this course.
What surprised me?
- The emphasis on the next best version of myself (V.1.2) versus my ultimate goal (V.10).
- This course was professionally presented and delivered. Allahumma Barik, a lot of work went into the course and it showed through its organization, slide deck and use of adult learning principles.
- I was surprised by the content and how practical the advice was. For example, the exercise to assess sleep and energy levels allowed me to confirm that I am at my best in the mid-morning and if I do not get a nap during the afternoon, I am a stressed/impatient mess.
- The class on habits made me realize I have some serious habits that I need to break in order to level up to the next best version.
‘I was surprised by the content and how practical the advice was. For e.g, the exercise to assess sleep and energy levels allowed me to confirm that I am at my best in the mid-morning and afternoon.’ Wafa, July MasterclassClick To Tweet
What changes have I made?
Alhamdulillah, I am much more practising now and I am thinking more about my legacy and attaining Allah’s barakah more than ever before. I am also more cognizant about the need for balance across all areas of my life and more aware of the decisions I make. I still make many mistakes but I think more about what the right decision is at each moment. I also understand how everything is linked. For example, if I have good physical health, I will be better able to worship Allah , so, I should exercise daily and stop eating sugar/carbohydrates.
The most important changes I have made so far are:
- Praying 5 times a day and reading the Qur’an daily.
- Being aware of the need to pray tahajjud (night prayer) and getting closer to Allah during the night.
- I’ve restructured my morning routine so that I now get everything ready for my kids on Sunday nights, which gives me an hour to myself for worship and exercise.
On the fence about joining this Masterclass?
If you’re on the fence about joining the class, just do it! This is the only class that will teach you how to integrate everything you’ve learned about productivity from Islamic lectures and self-help books in a way that makes sense and is achievable. Think next best version, not 10 versions from now.
The post How I Became a Better Version of Myself in 6 Weeks appeared first on ProductiveMuslim.com.